Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Thing 11

I can see the potential for using del.icio.us . I just don't know that I really need it. I don't have a real need for keeping track of website and blog postings. The libraries Wiki has a great deal of website lists for me to reference instead of using tags or labels. If I was a big blogger I could see where I would want to tag things for easy reference.

I could see how a library could use tagging for frequently used website. If our library didn't already have a system in place through our website and wiki, I would say the del.icio.us would be a great site to use. The San Mateo Library had quite and extensive list of site tagged by dewey number. I did see many readers advisory sites listed. (They should have more YA/teen sites tagged, especially the YALSA site with all it's book lists.)

No comments: