Friday, April 4, 2008

Thing 12

I think that it would be good to have link to these website on our teen page, to give them a variety of viewpoints and outlets. I liked the Bury option on the DIGG site. The Reddit site was a bit text heavy. Teens would not find that appealing. Newsvine was my favorite. Topics are very extensive, loved the ODD NEWS category. It also have great tags/vines to follow. I didn't know that the Smithsonian has a furniture collection. MIXX was a big strange for me. The photo section was weird, categories very random and odd, Mixx was my least favorite.

I have read the NY times and BBC sites before. The NY site has some html issues with links that don't display well. BBC is great for that non-US perspective.

I think these sites are an enhancer. They are great if you have a certain interest or just want to see whats out there.

No comments: