Friday, April 4, 2008

Thing 14

I used LibraryThing for quite a while last fall. Here is the link to my catalog:http://www.librarything.com/catalog/michaelynette I attempted to create a list of every book I have ever read, until I realized that if you added more that 500 titles you would need to start paying for the service, so I stopped. I loved the recommendation options. When my list was small and only included recent things I had read, it was really great for finding other things to read. I liked the comments that other could post about a particular book. Once I expanded my list to include things I might have read in High School or College, the recommendations became to broad and ineffective. As for a use as a tool for library patrons, I don't think it's for every user. However it is a great online place to keep track of what you have read and look at what others are reading and what they think of it. The site is well used by book lovers.

No comments: