Friday, April 4, 2008

Thing 15

I took a look at the Second Life site. Its very interesting. At first I thought it would be a place were I could create my own virtual place. It would be fun to create a mini Rochester and our library, you could re-create all the different parts of the library and it could be a cool on-line tour of our library. Patrons could go to the reference desk and talk with a librarian or find out more about the nooks and cranies of the library.

I think that gaming for kids at home or at the library is good, as long as there is some balance. I don't think that people should spend their whole day or week playing games in a fantasy world and only talking to other people playing the virtual game. There is some much more to life that we need to experience that gaming can not do.

No comments: