Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thing 20

Facebook, was interesting. I did join a couple groups from my high school in Adrian MN and my college, Northern State University. I found a couple people that I knew and added them to my group. I'll have to check the account later and see if anyone responds. I can see that this would be a great place to network with people you may not see or haven't seen since high school or college. You can find out info from their profiles and start a new social system online.

I can see why libraries would use MySpace as a communications tool. Althought the profiles are very oriented for individuals, not institutions. I didn't know that Hennepin County has a zodiac sign. I didn't create a page. Sarah, a coworker has created one for RPL and finds it hard to keep up with. From what I see of the teens using it here at the library, it's something that you can do constantly. Forget school, family and physical activities. I can relate with MySpace. Not. I don't think any online relationship will ever replace face to face communications.

No comments: