Friday, April 4, 2008

Thing 16

The RPC and the Assignment Calculator were very indepth. I was kind of puzzled as to why the Assignment Calculator even asked what topic they were research since everything it connected you to was the same. The examples weren't even topic related.

Both of these sites would be great online tools for teachers and school librarians to teach student research skills. I doubt however, that high school students would use these tools unless you required them too.

I don't see where I would use this for any kind of library project. It's more of a tool to refer people do if they want help organizing themselve for a big project or presentation. I guess if I ever had to do some sort of big presentation on a topic that was very indepth and I wanted to keep myself on track I would use these resources.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lynette,
I do see a value in including these resources -- especially the RPC in the homework section of our Teen Page. Please add them along with a brief annotation.